The 2021 Mixer is now available!
On January 1st, 2019 the world governing body of cycling (UCI) changed the rules of mountain bike racing. For downhill and enduro events, the two wheels of the bike can be of a different diameter. This is commonly referred to as a “mixed wheel bike.” This is where the Mixer gets its name. The Mixer is designed around this proven wheel configuration to give you the correct head angle and BB height. With this concept in mind, the Mixer gives you a ride and feel like no other bicycle. This design places the front axle higher than the rear axle, which makes the bike easier to lift over obstacles, and more responsive. With the bigger wheel up front, the rider leans forward more shifting weight to the front wheel for better traction. Look no further than any modern off-road motorcycle design for proof of this concept. BTW, in 2001 almost all DH pros switched to the mixed wheel platform.
Here’s how the Mixer works…
- The front axle is higher than the rear. The front of the bike feels lighter when it comes to clearing obstacles.
- Cornering speed is increased because of the 2 wheel sizes. Wheels rotate in different arcs so the back wheel always tracks the front wheel’s path.
- Acceleration is increased as chain stay length is shorter than 29” rear wheel models.
- The new 2021 Mixer is a combination of CNC machined components and our exclusive hydroformed parts utilizing 6061 T6 aircraft alloy. All frames are hand welded, heat treated, machined and checked for alignment before being assembled right here in our factory.
Foes 2021 Mixer
- 29″ front wheel w/ 27.5” rear wheel.
- Suspension travel 6″/ 160mm 2.4 : 1 Rising Rate leverage ratio.
- Double butted 6061 alloy hydroformed down tube.
- Tapered head tube 1 ⅛” ZS, 1 ½” ZS44|ZS56.
- Full complement double-sealed pivot bearings.
- 68mm BB/threaded shell.
- 12mm x 148mm (boost spacing) thru-axle with hanger/nut combo.
- Replaceable ISCG05 mounting plate.
- Standard Raw base finish included in price.
- Base Price $2624 with DVO air or coil shock.
- Fox Shocks also available. Ask for pricing.
pricing and specifications subject to change